The more you look at the facts surrounding solar power, the more surprised you are. While solar power is a much better power source for the environment, it now makes incredibly sense from an economic perspective.
With exploding energy prices, solar power has never made more sense. Here are some solar power facts that may open your eyes to its value.
- William Adams first discovered solar power cells in 1876.
- In 1952, David Chaplin and other employees at Bell Labs discovered silicon made solar cells much more efficient.
- In 1983, 21 total megawatts of solar power producing cells were installed worldwide.
- By 2004, 927 megawatts of solar power producing cells were installed worldwide.
- Convert to solar power and you can claim a tax credit of up to $2,000 on federal taxes.
- Solar power demand is growing at 25 percent a year, while utility energy demand is flat.
- The Earth receives more energy from the sun than is used in the entire world in one year.
- Germany is the fastest growing solar market, followed by Japan. (The U.S. is third)
All and all, these solar power facts lead to one conclusion. More people should do it to save our planet and reduce our need for fossil fuels.
Our products are very environmentally friendly, as we include solar panels on most of our products. Etón’s line of emergency radios from both the Etón and American Red Cross brand can be the sun’s best friend when you are outdoors.
So go outside and find an adventure today!
Incoming search terms for the article:
- things you didnt know about solar power
- 8- things- solar- research
- Eight things to know about solar
- 10 solar power facts you didnt know
- things you didnt know about solar
- things you didnt know about solar panela
- things you didnt know solar energy
- things you didntknow about solar panels
- things you didn\t know about solar cells
- Things you didn\t know about Solar PV