This April, Coachella 2012 will take over Indio, Calif., for two weekends of wall-to-wall (or is it tent-to-tent?) music from today’s best artists.
- Coachella Dates: The first weekend of the festival is April 13-15. The second weekend is April 20-22. The lineup is the same on both weekends.
- Coachella Lineup: Coachella headliners this year include the Black Keys, Radiohead, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, Bon Iver, the Shins, Andrew Bird, At the Drive-In, Florence + the Machine, and David Guetta.
- Coachella Camping: Get in touch with your nature-loving self! You can sleep, eat, and party right next to the festival performance areas with Coachella on-site camping. Camping opens the Thursday before each festival weekend at 9:00 a.m.
As big music and nature fans ourselves, we present you with 5 Coachella tips to help you get the most out of your experience:
1. Take advantage of the free Wifi. This year at Coachella, the Activities tent will offer free Wifi from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m. This way, you’ll be able to update Facebook from your laptop with your amazing Coachella pictures and stories.
2. Recycle your stuff. For all bottles and cans, recycling bins will be situated around Coachella’s festival grounds. Added bonus #1: Los Angeles artists designed the recycling bins, so they’re creative and conscientious. Added bonus #2: Have you heard of Coachella’s 10-for-1 recycling program? For every ten items you recycle, you get a free cold bottle of water (or fancier prizes if you recycle more than ten items).
3. BYOL: Bring your own lighting. Your campsite will be dark at night, so bring a flashlight, your mobile phone with a flashlight app, or—even better—a Scorpion. This all-in-one device has a built-in LED flashlight, phone charger, and bottle opener. Perfect for Coachella, right? The whole thing can be hand-cranked for when there’s no sun to power the solar panel.
4. Treat your skin like you treat your iPod: keep it safe. Bring sunscreen of at least SPF 15. Coachella is in the desert, and you’ll be as red as a California sunset if you don’t lather up. Antsy for more ways to protect your epidermis? Check out the rest of our sun protection advice.
5. Follow @EtonSound for on-the-ground Coachella news. We’ll be in Indio on April 13, 14 and 15, tweeting the scene and maybe even giving away a few goodies. Stay tuned.
Coachella isn’t the only music festival we’re amped about this summer, but it’s definitely one of the best.
Are you attending Coachella, Bamboozle, Lollapalooza, or another music festival? What are your gotta-have-it items for festival fun in the sun? Let us know!