So you’ve heard about solar power, but how much do you really know about the alternative energy source? As solar power becomes more popular, we’re able to learn more and more about what it has to offer. Check out these eight facts about solar energy—then click the tweet button to share your favorite with your friends!
- Using solar energy produces no air or water pollution and no greenhouse gas emissions. [Tweet it]
- The earth receives more solar energy in one hour than its entire population uses in an entire year. [Tweet it]
- Estimates say that one square foot of solar panel gives approximately 10 watts of power. [Tweet it]
- 8% of energy in the US comes from alt energy sources. Solar energy accounts for only 1%. [Tweet it]
- Solar panels have a current efficiency conversion rate of about 15%. [Tweet it]
- Solar panels increase the value of your home by reducing your electric bill [Tweet it]
- There are more than 10,000 homes in the U.S. alone that have solar power systems installed. [Tweet it]
- Shell Oil predicts that 50% of the world’s energy will come from renewable sources by 2040. [Tweet it]
Whether or not you’re currently using solar energy, these facts are pretty interesting. Want to get started with solar power? Try a solar-powered iPhone case or speaker system. You’ll quickly see how easy (and efficient) it is to harness the power of the sun!
Which solar power fact did you find most interesting? Remember to click the [Tweet it] button to share it with your Twitter followers!