Kermit the Frog was all wrong. It actually IS easy being green. We would know. Here at Eton, we love all elements of green living. From the world’s greenest breweries to recycling tips, we’re all about sharing and promoting the green lifestyle.
Luckily, we’re not the only ones excited and empowered by the green movement. GoingGreenToday.com, a site dedicated to sharing green trends (home, business, gadgets, you name it), compiled a fascinating list of “Going Green” facts we couldn’t help but share.
Here are our top 5 favorite green facts. Find the rest of them on the GoingGreenToday.com website:
- The amount of sunlight that falls on the Earth’s surface in one minute is sufficient to meet world energy demand for an entire year.
- We would save $3 billion in energy costs annually and cut national CO2 emissions by over a full percent
- Recycling a single aluminum can would run a TV for three hours
- 10 calories of fossil fuel energy to grow, process, and deliver 1 calorie of food energy to our tables
- Recycling one ton of paper saves 20 trees, 7,000 gallons of water