One of the best ways to show respect for our planet is by being mindful of the tech we buy. This not only helps good old Mother Earth, but it also lowers the cost of your consumption bill overtime. There are countless green alternatives to the gadgets, accessories, and automobiles we normally purchase. Here are some of our favorites:
- Solar Bike Light. An all-purpose solar torch and bike light that’s not only quick to install, but quick to remove to place onto other bikes. The light reaches up to 50 feet and last for over four hours.
- The Waterpebble. This small pebble-like device sits right next to your shower’s drain and alerts you of your water consumption while bathing. With the goal of training you to use less water while you shower, it memorizes first shower as a benchmark and gradually reduces the amount of water you use by reducing shower time.
- Nest Learning Thermostat. Lower your carbon footprint (and look stylish while doing so) with the Nest Learning Thermostat, a tool used to monitor energy consumption by tracking when heating and cooling is used most. Connect the Nest to your home Wi-Fi network and remotely control your household’s temperature through your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Eco Button. Simple and easy to use, just press the Eco Button when you are away from your desk and your computer is put into the most efficient energy saving mode. It records how much power and money you have saved.
- Philips L Prize LED Bulb. One of these super bulbs provides 30,000 hours of LED light, which totals about 20 years of light if used for four hours each day. If every 60-watt incandescent bulb in the United States was replaced by one of Philips’ L Prize bulbs, the country would save about 35 terawatt hours of electricity, or $3.9 billion a year!
- Wattson Solar. The Wattson Solar is a personal energy monitor that shows you how much electricity you are using by measuring your electricity generation. The unit shows the electricity in use in your home at any given time in cost, watts or kg carbon for better visibility of your daily electricity activity.
Our pick for the best green gadget? We may be a little bias, but our vote goes to our Rukus Solar. This solar, wireless, Bluetooth-enabled sound system packs a punch while on the go all while keeping your green mind at ease.
What’s your pick of this list? Want to share an item we missed? Comment below or shout your answer to the @EtonCorporation Twitter handle.