Image of the Honeywell Prestige model from desertcomfortmechanical.com
Although sometimes it seems like you cannot control a lot in your life, you certainly can control the temperature of your home. If you’re still working with a manually set thermostat, it is time to upgrade in the name of technology!
Upgrading your thermostat will not only save you money, but it will also help the environment. You can easily program the thermostat to be at a certain temperature while you are home or away. Programmable thermostats also allow you to program temperature changes throughout the day, equating to less energy use.
Digital thermostats are incredibly easy to install! No need for an electrician – just follow these steps:
- Turn off the power source to your furnace.
- Remove the old thermostat. Do this carefully as you don’t want it to damage the drywall around it.
- Disconnect the wires from the old thermostat.
- Connect the wires in the correct terminals on your new thermostat.
- Put batteries in your new thermostat.
- Attach the new thermostat to the wall.
- Turn the furnace back on.
- Set the temperature and VOILA you are saving money and energy.
What other electronics in your home could be draining energy without you knowing? Do a little digging and you may be surprised!