Would you know what to do in a cardiac, breathing, or first aid emergency?
We’ve all heard the spiel about preparing for disasters—what to do when there’s a fire, tornado, etc. Something we might not be as familiar with—but that’s as equally important— is learning CPR (being prepared for a different kind of disaster). The small effort it takes to learn this valuable and life-saving information is well worth it. Here are some ways you can become CPR certified with the American Red Cross. Take the time and “learn how to save a life today.”
- Register for Classes. Registering for CPR certification is easy! By going to the Red Cross website, you simply enter your location, select a category, and it will search for classes near you. You can also trying going to a local hospital or doctor’s office for more information.
- Training and Certification. Red Cross CPR training and certification meets the needs of workplace responders, school staff, healthcare providers, as well as the general public.
- Workplaces, schools, and individuals. Classes in this category can be from 2 to 5 hours, and upon training completion you are presented with a 2-year certification. Learn how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults, including the use of automated external defibrillators.
- Wilderness, sports, and pets. For coaches and athletes, blended learning CPR classes can provide insights into: checking an unconscious adult or athlete, management of asthma, recognition, prevention, and management of heart-related illnesses, and etc.
- Training options for businesses. The Red Cross also offers training and classes for businesses and organizations. Learn about CPR certification for your company and reap the benefits of doing it together.
After being trained and becoming CPR certified, don’t forget to educate others about how to respond in a crisis and tips and tricks for dealing with an unresponsive person. You just might save someone’s life! Here at Eton Corp we know the importance of a quick response. Our American Red Cross products were designed with crisis and quick-action in mind. Always be prepared with preparedness and life-saving products from Eton!