The weekend is almost here and you’re ready to partake in some serious tailgating for your college and professional football teams of choice. Before you pack up the cooler and corn hole set, be sure you have a solar-powered stereo system and the following tunes locked and loaded for your tailgate listening pleasure.
Scene: Crawling out of bed, eating a hearty breakfast and packing for the big game. Turn up these tunes before the tailgate:
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” Wham!
- “Thunderstruck” AC/DC
- “Let’s Go” Trick Daddy
Scene: The grill is on, the sun is shining and you’re trading stories of tailgates past. Rock out to these jams during the tailgate:
- “Red Solo Cup” Toby Keith
- “Welcome to the Jungle” Guns & Roses - “This tailgate is a JUNGLE,” says the parents of naive freshmen
- “Centerfold” J. Geils Band
Scene: Tailgate is still going on, even if you didn’t go to the game. Continue the party during the game with these songs:
- “Nothing But A Good Time” Poison
- “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” Bachman-Turner Overdrive – Trailing at halftime? Don’t worry – You’ve ain’t seen nothing yet!
Scene: Screaming fans, sweaty pits and face paint smeared. You, tailgate fan, have won! Celebrate the big win after the game by listening to these:
- “We Are The Champions” Queen
- “Shout” Otis Day and the Knights
- “Party in the USA” Miley Cyrus
- “U Can’t Touch This” MC Hammer - Brush your shoulders off, winners. They can’t touch u!
Scene: Heavy hearts, heads and maybe even a tear is shed after the loss of your team. Hide your woes within the lyrics of these tunes after the game:
- “Jack And Diane” by John Cougar Mellencamp – “Oh yeah, life goes on.”
- “Achy Breaky Heart” by Billy Ray Cyrus