How would you survive if stranded on a deserted island? We’ve all thought about it—maybe even meticulously planned our rescue. Aside from the obvious survival items (matches, fresh water, a hunting device), here are few items you’d probably wish you had on a deserted island:
Photo courtesy of blogs.hpedsb.on.ca
- First aid kit: In the event of an injury, a first aid kit could be the difference between life and death. A first aid kit should include: bandages, gauze, antibiotic ointment, antiseptic wipes, and tweezers.
- Smart-phone charging flashlight: A reliable light source would be invaluable on a deserted island. The Clipray is a crank-powered, smartphone-charging flashlight. This little guy could provide a reliable light source and juice for your smartphone with just a few cranks.
- Shelter: For shade, inclement weather, and a decent place to sleep, a shelter would be a necessity. Sturdy, durable, and easily assembled tents built for long-term use would work best.
- Cookware: A fire is obviously a cooking necessity, but some durable pots and pans would make cooking much more manageable. While your meals would still be basic, they at least wouldn’t all be ‘fire-roasted.’
- Sleeping bag: Sleeping bags are made especially for the environment of intended use. It is recommended that sleeping bags used in warmer conditions (like a deserted island) should specify a temperature rating of no lower than 35 degrees Fahrenheit. That way, your sleeping bag would keep you warm, but not too warm.
Obviously, becoming stranded on a deserted island is neither planned, nor common. However, if it were to happen (and you were to find a genie in a bottle) these are some of the items you’d want to wish for.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- survival kit for being stranded on island
- survival kit on a deserted island
- how to survive on a deserted island
- 5 necessities when stranded on an island
- articles survival stranded island
- first aid on a deserted island
- necessities when stranded
- 5 survival necessities
- deserted island necessities
- Stranded On a Tropical Island necessities