At Etón, we support adventurers, tourists, travelers, and explorers. All we ask is that this ceaseless exploration is done thoughtfully and safely. For those with incurable wanderlust and in honor of Columbus Day, we thought we’d share a few tips for safe, successful exploration:
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
- Plan your route. Unlike Columbus, you should always know where you are while exploring the world around you. This tip won’t help you discover a new land, but it will keep you safe in the wild. Check out our list of the top 5 adventure destinations in the US.
- Alert others to your route. Columbus certainly let others know of his seemingly ludicrous plan, and we recommend you do the same when planning an exploration. Safety first!
- Plan for weather. Bring extra hydration for warm weather exploration and beware of streams and rivers, especially after big rains and ice melts.
- Dress the part. Appropriate clothing is vital—and footwear especially. Being comfortable will enhance your experience exploring immensely.
- Bring the necessities. If your exploration includes an overnight stay in nature, be sure to bring all the camping necessities, from an FRX3 rechargeable emergency radio to s’more ingredients.
What additional safety precautions do you take when exploring? Please share in the comments below!