Travel is full of major decisions—where to visit and when, how much to spend and on what, and of course when to finally make that important airfare ticket purchase. Beyond all the big decisions, there are also the little things to take into consideration the next time you traverse the confusing—and hectic—labyrinth of an airport terminal. Check out some of our tips and tricks that are sure to make your next airport travel experience run smoothly.
- Before you even leave home. Seems obvious, but check your flight status. It would be a shame if you showed up all ready to go and your flight was cancelled. Before you leave you might also want to put your ID, credit card, and boarding pass in any easy accessible bag or wallet.
- Before check-in. Weigh your bags before you get in line. Many airports have installed scales in front of the check-in areas. If your checked bag is overweight, you’ll have time to swap a few items into a different bag. It’s also a good idea to have all your documents prepped and ready to go beforehand.
- Pack essentials in your carry-on. As much as we don’t like to hear this, on average at least one bag on every flight is lost or delayed. If there’s anything you simply can’t live without, pack it in your carry-on bag. You can also get through security much faster if you pack strategically. Put bags with liquids and gels in an outside pouch or near the top of your bag so they can be easily accessed for screening.
- Mark your bags for easy recognition. The days of bizarre-patterned trunks are long gone. Nowadays we all buy our luggage at the same stores from the same manufacturers. The result is an endless stream of identical bags on the baggage carousel. Help yours stand out by marking it with a colorful ribbon, stitching a unique pattern, or putting a large sticker on it.
- Remember your flight number. A no-brainer, right? Not always. Knowing your flight number can make your life easier, especially in small or foreign airports that don’t list the full names of destination airports, or will list by flight number alone.
Travel safety is important, and with these handy tips you can rest assured that your next flight adventure will run smoothly. Whether it’s a holiday visit with the family or wanderlust has taken hold, here at Eton Corp we’re all about finding those handy tips that can make your adventures operate stress-free. Browse our other safety and survival tips and let the wanderlust ensue.
What are some other necessary travel tips for airport survival? Drop us a line in the comments section.