We’re thankful for our health, happiness, family, friends, pets—the list goes on and on. We love the holidays because it means time spent with family and friends, good food all around, and a reflection of all we are thankful for. Unfortunately, for some people the holidays are not all joyous thankfulness. The holidays are a time to count our blessings and give back to others, so in the spirit of the season we’ve compiled a list of a few worthy charities and projects that you can get involved with this holiday season.
Image via allthingschristmas.com
- Make a Wish Foundation: Make this holiday season truly special by helping a child’s wishes come true. The Make a Wish Foundation offers a unique holiday donation option to help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
- Toys for Tots: The holidays are a time for giving and receiving gifts, but most kids experience minimal to no gifts on Christmas morning. In the spirit of giving, Toys for Tots makes it easy for you to donate a new toy or give a donation to help make the holidays a little brighter for needy children in your area.
- Save the Children: Save the Children is one of the world’s leading organizations in providing hunger and poverty relief to children and their families around the world. Not only do they provide food to those who have little, but they also work to teach those in need how to feed and care for themselves again. By getting involved with this charity, you’re making a difference for hunger relief worldwide.
- Salvation Army: No doubt we’ve all seen the red buckets and ringing bells this time of year. The Salvation Army receives millions of dollars a year to assist needy families, the homeless, and the elderly. You can turn someone’s holiday around simply by offering your spare change on your way in or out of the store while shopping this season.
- American Red Cross: The American Red Cross is always giving back to those in need. They provide aid, donations, and volunteers in times of a disaster or crisis, but they are also involved with blood donation, emergency rescues, and health crisis education. This dynamic charity makes it easy for you to get involved, give back, and help others.
Similarly, Eton Corp is ready to give back when disaster strikes. With our recent aid in the typhoon relief, to the next natural disaster that comes around, our large line of preparedness products, most of which are Red Cross approved, allow us to help those in need deal with unprecedented hardships. Give back this holiday season in more ways than one by being Red Cross ready to help.
What charities do you get involved with during the hoildays? Leave us a note in the comments section.