At the beginning of every New Year, we always have high hopes as we prepare to better ourselves with well-thought resolutions. While most resolutions entail dieting, healthy lifestyles, and career plans, with continued growth in technology you might want to consider tech-focused resolutions. Check out some of these tech New Year’s resolutions to make 2014 the best year yet.
Image via stcharlesinn.com
- Clean your keyboard. After months of eating at your desk, crumbling papers, and whatever else, who knows what junk and residue is in your keyboard. Use a duster and eliminate nasty particles and buildup. Make your keyboard look like new again.
- Go digital. There’s really no need to take up unnecessary closet space with shoeboxes filled with photos. Clear up your closet space and transfer your images to digital files. Store your photos online, or at least print them out in photo albums.
- Email purge. This is usually a hard resolution to tackle. After signing up for dozens of sale alerts, promos, and reply-all emails, it’s no wonder your inbox seems unmanageable. Engage in spring cleaning a little early by deleting nonessential emails and removing yourself from unnecessary mailing lists.
- Increase your Twitter audience. The quest for Twitter followers can be a smart one. If your job involves any form of communication, wouldn’t you want to communicate with the largest audience possible? Engage with others and get yourself out there.
- Be aware of your digital trail. Take time to make sure the information you’re posting online is appropriate and relevant. Try Googling yourself and see what comes up. If that blog you started and haven’t updated in over a year pops up, then get rid of it.
- Delete what you don’t need. Go through your phone or tablet and delete any apps that you haven’t used in a while. This will clear up some space on your devices. And while you’re at it, delete old files on your computer or laptop.
- Go paperless. Help the environment in the process of your tech-focused resolutions by going paperless. This is the year to pay bills and access important documents online. Scan old papers, convert documents to digital files, and lessen your paper waste trail.
- Get out there. Devote yourself to putting your devices down or turning them off for an hour or two each day. Spend time picking up a new hobby, hanging out with family and friends, or just focusing on yourself.
Here at Eton Corp our tech New Year’s resolutions are to continue creating and promoting tech products for all of your needs. Whether you want to jam out to your favorite tunes during your free time, keep your devices charged up and ready to go, or be prepared when disaster strikes, Eton Corp has what you need to fulfill your tech New Year’s resolutions.
What are your tech New Year’s resolutions? Let us know in the comments section.