Did you know that Las Vegas has played host to the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) since 1978? Although we haven’t attended EVERY CES event, we know a thing or two about the show. After all, CES has been the launch pad for several highly-acclaimed Eton Corp products including the BoostSolar and ZoneGuard line, to name a couple!
Attending your first CES, or looking to brush up on your CES know-how? Familiarize yourself with our tips for mastering CES 2014:
- Meet McCarran. The McCarran International Airport can and will be your best friend if you learn how to navigate the airport ahead of time. We enjoy McCarran’s take on educating visitors by showcasing Las Vegas-style video vignettes to help guide you through the security checkpoints more efficiently.
- What to pack. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes, a warm jacket and umbrella. The show floor is truly huge, and you’ll be spending a lot of time on your feet. Las Vegas also can be cool and rainy in the winter in January.
- Power up. You’ll likely be showing off all the cool tech you’re finding by snapping pictures and sharing on social media. Be sure that your phone and tablet are fully charged before the show, and keep them powered all throughout the day. Our pick? The BoostTurbine 4000 not only charges multiple devices, but has been named a 2014 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree.
- Hotel needs. An insider tip from us to you? Reserve a humidifier for your hotel room! Las Vegas’ drier climate will suck the moisture right our of your skin and the humidifier helps sooth skin when in your room.
- Stay hydrated. Just as your skin needs to stay hydrated, the rest of your body needs to, too! Be sure to always have a water bottle with you when walking the show floor, and keep it by your side when it’s empty. There are plenty of water fountains in the Las Vegas Convention Center!
- Plan your meals. Vegas is not only the place for fun meetings, conventions, and a little sin – it’s also home to world-class dining! But keep in mind that everyone visiting knows this fact and have likely booked dinner reservations prior to making the trip to Vegas. Plan and call ahead so you don’t go hungry on your trip!
- Keep informed. CES Mobile is a mobile planning tool available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. CES Mobile provides attendees with easy-to-use interactive capabilities to enhance your show experience. Download the app before you get on the plane or hop in the car to educate yourself on the event ahead!
- Find new tech. Visit booth 31247 in South Hall 3 to check out what innovative technology we have in store for you!